You might be one of the millions of men and women dealing with cellulite issues every day. But is there something you can do about it?
You bet there is.
Here are some tips and home remedies you can use to minimize the appearance of cellulite on your body.
Tip #1: Try Some Anti-Cellulite Cream
Anti-cellulite creams may seem like a sham at first, but some actually work for some people — provided they use them regularly.
These creams often contain ingredients like caffeine or retinol that help reduce cellulite’s appearance by temporarily tightening the skin.
But note that they don’t remove cellulite, as they don’t alter fats beneath the skin. That’s why the results are temporary and will only last as long as you use them.
Here’s how you apply the cream:
- Squeeze a bit of anti-cellulite cream on your hand.
- Then rub it into the skin in circular motions for about two minutes.
- Apply the cream to your thighs, hips, and buttocks.
- If you have sensitive skin, stop if any irritation occurs. You may also rinse the area with warm water.
Remember, there’s no need to spend a fortune on expensive creams. Even a budget-friendly option can be effective if used regularly.
Tip #2: Drink More Water to Flush Out Toxins
One possible reason behind the appearance of cellulite is that it’s a result of a buildup of toxins in the body, giving the skin an uneven, dimpled appearance.
That said, experts like Dr. Nick Masri recommend drinking plenty of water. By doing so, you can flush out toxins and improve the appearance of the skin.
Dr. Nidal Masri further recommends the following:
- Drink water with lemon. Lemons contain antioxidants that help reduce free radical damage in the body. They also have a high concentration of vitamin C, which helps to minimize cellulite.
- Drink warm water. Warm water enhances circulation. It can also loosen up some of those stubborn toxins causing cellulite in the first place.
If you’re looking for a natural way to help minimize cellulite, increase your water intake.
Tip #3: Avoid Processed Foods
Processed foods contain many ingredients that are not good for the body. They can lead to inflammation and skin cell damage, thus causing cellulite.
To avoid processed foods…
- Read the labels on all packaged foods. If there are words you don’t understand or if they contain high fructose corn syrup, do your best to avoid them.
- Avoid fast food and restaurants as much as possible. Many fast food options, like burgers, contain hidden fats. These fats increase your chances of developing cellulite.
Tip #4: Exercise Your Cellulite Away
Exercise can increase circulation and lymphatic drainage, reducing the build-up of toxins in the area. It also helps tone the muscles and build up collagen, giving the skin a smoother appearance.
Plus, exercising also releases stored fat from the cells, reducing the appearance of cellulite. So make sure you don’t skip workouts in your daily routine.
These at-home remedies might not be as effective as other cellulite treatments, but they’ll do for the meantime as you explore your surgical and non-surgical options. Just remember to consult your doctor before starting any new treatment plan.