These days, many women aspire to have a “bootylicious” backside. With round, firm, and full buttocks, you can feel sexy and increase your confidence. This is why backside-enhancing surgeries continue to grow in popularity.
If you’re looking to commit to any butt augmentation procedures, chances are, you’ve come across two standard options: Brazilian butt lift (BBL) and buttocks implants.
Although these procedures fall under the same category of butt augmentation, they have similarities and differences.
Let’s find out more about Brazilian butt lift and buttocks implants as you read the rest of this article.
Brazilian Butt Lift: A Quick Rundown
What is a Brazilian Butt Lift?
The Brazilian butt lift or BBL was invented by a Brazilian plastic surgeon, Ivo Pitanguy.
In this procedure, small incisions are made on fat-rich areas of the body to remove excess fat through liposuction. The removed fat is purified and reinjected on the buttocks for additional lift, rounder shape, and more volume.
Together with BBL, plastic surgeons might remove excess skin and contour your body into an hourglass shape.
Benefits of a Brazilian Butt Lift
The Brazilian butt lift is truly a life-changing procedure if you want to enhance your backside.
Listed below are the benefits of the procedure.
- Minimal risks of rejection. Your own fatty tissues are transferred from one place of your body to another. Thus, chances of rejection are minimized.
- Two procedures in one. BBL combines liposuction and fat contouring to help you achieve your dream body. Dr. Nick Masri will not only make your backside more attractive but also sculpt your body into a natural-looking hourglass shape.
- Minimal incisions. If you don’t want to deal with scarring from incisions, the Brazilian butt lift allows you to have a better backside without the large incision. The incisions are just large enough for the cannula to be inserted and suck the fat from specific body areas.
- Long-lasting results. The fatty tissues injected into your backside will now merge with your original buttocks. Because of this, you get to enjoy a rounder, bigger, and firmer bottom without worrying about implant removal in the future.
Who’s an Ideal Candidate for Brazilian Butt Lift?
You’re an ideal BBL candidate if you have enough fat in your body to transfer to your buttocks.
You should also be physically healthy, emotionally stable, and possess realistic expectations about the surgery.
What’s the Recovery Period for Brazilian Butt Lift?
As for the recovery period, this ranges from 10 to 14 days.
Your plastic surgeon will provide you with post-operative instructions to guarantee a speedy and healthy recovery.
You can expect bruises, numbness, swelling, and soreness in your operative areas. Your surgeon might prescribe medication to deal with the pain. You will also be required to wear a compression garment on the areas where fat was harvested.
Walking is encouraged to ensure blood circulation and prevent clot formation. However, you must avoid strenuous exercises for up to six weeks.
Buttocks Implants: A Quick Rundown
What is a Butt Implant?
Butt implants can be likened to breast implants. Simply put, your plastic surgeon inserts an implant filled with silicone into your buttocks to augment them. These implants vary in size and shape.
During your consultation, Dr. Nick Masri will evaluate which size and shape of the implant would suit your body and fulfill your desire for a big booty.
Once decided, these implants are slid into or above the butt cheeks (gluteal muscles).
Benefits of Buttocks Implants
Although BBL has its fair share of benefits, the same can be said for buttocks implants.
The benefits of this procedure are listed below.
- Improved buttocks shape. You can change the shape of your buttocks with the help of implants. Since implants come in various projections and sizes, individuals with asymmetrical buttocks can have their butt shape altered.
- Larger buttocks. Butt implants are primarily done to make the backside more voluminous.
- Enhanced body figure. Unlike BBL, the results of butt implants are more pronounced. With Dr. Nick Masri’s help, you can have bigger buttocks and achieve the body you desire.
Who’s an Ideal Candidate for Buttocks Implants?
People without excess fat to transfer to their buttocks usually decide on a butt implant.
As long as you have a clean bill of health and are thoroughly assessed by your plastic surgeon, you’re an ideal candidate for the surgery.
What’s the Recovery Period for Butt Implants?
When it comes to butt implant recovery, you are expected to fully rest for 3-6 weeks. As much as possible, refrain from prolonged hours of sitting and engaging in strenuous activities.
Like BBL, you may experience discomfort, swelling, bruising, or soreness in the operated areas. For butt implants, it is important not to put pressure on the affected areas as the implants might shift from their original position.
It is important to note that the recovery period for butt implants is longer than a Brazilian butt lift. You must observe strict compliance.
BBL and Butt Implants: What Are the Differences?
To give you a quick overview, here is a table summarizing the differences between BBL and butt implants.
|Brazilian Butt Lift||Fatty tissues are harvested from fat-rich areas. Then, purified fatty tissues are injected into the buttocks for a rounder, firmer, and natural-looking backside.||Minimal risks of rejection, two-in-one procedure, and minimal incisions||10 to 14 days in general|
|Butt Implants||Incisions are made before implants are slid into or above gluteal muscles.||Dramatic size increase on the buttocks, alters or improves butt shape, and enhances body figure||3 to 6 weeks in general|
Which Procedure is Right for You?
Before committing to any butt augmentation procedure, it is important to consult with a reputable double board-certified plastic surgeon like Dr. Nick Masri.
If you have excess fat that can be transferred to their backsides, the Brazilian butt lift seems to be the better option.
But if you don’t have excess fat but aspire to increase the size of your buttocks, butt implants may be more suitable.